Since Asher's birthday was so close, we decided to throw him and early birthday party while we were in Utah over Thanksgiving. In an effort to come up with some sort of theme, my mom asked my Aunt Janet what kinds of cake pans she had that we could possibly borrow. She mentioned that she had one in the shape of a horseshoe so we decided to use that and decorate it with Woody and some of the Toy Story characters. My mom made a delicious yellow cake with chocolate buttercream frosting and I made some fondant stars to put around the horseshoe. My mom tracked down the Toy Story figurines and TA-DA, a horseshoe/toy story themed cake. Prior to decorating it Riley mentioned that it looked more like a toilet seat than a horseshoe to which I promptly replied with a punch to his face! Ha, ha, just kidding, I just punched his arm. Luckily, he did think it looked liked a horseshoe after it was decorated ;)
All of the great-grandparents, grandparents, aunts and uncles were there to celebrate Asher's 1st birthday. He wasn't too interested in opening presents but he definitely enjoyed the cake part. It was so funny when we put the huge slice of cake in front of him he didn't really know what to do but he quickly figured it out and ate almost all of it! He even ate an entire fondant star, YUCK!
Great Grandma Ford and Asher
Great Grandma Latteier and Asher
The haul.
Loving his new Buzz Lightyear car from Auntie Heather!
Mmm, cake.
I think I'll have some more . . .
Covered in chocolate frosting and very happy :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment